There are several reasons why a particular printer might impress Papergraphics and become a favourite: quality of output, colour gamut, ease of maintenance, printing speed and return on investment.
The Epson SureColor SC80600 ticks all these boxes and more.
Within Epson Surecolor SC-S Series, the SureColor SC80600 stands out! It's an exceptional printer that will deliver professional-quality results on everything from simple signage to high-end displays and décor on a wide range of substrates including clear film, vinyl, canvas and photographic paper.
Run on the Hexachrome eco-Solvent ink technology that adds red and orange to the CMYK set, the colour gamut is massive and the printer matches Pantone and RAL colours with an accuracy of 99.7%. It also has a spot-colour channel to allow you to use either white or metallic silver inks that are re-circulated within the printhead to make sure that they are ready for use when you need them.
The quality of output is comparable to a high-spec photo printer and the speed of printing is that of a true production machine. It can be safely left to print overnight with no media tracking issues and it's pretty frugal with ink consumption too. Panel length is remarkably accurate and consistent, and it does all this with just 5 minutes of maintenance a week. Impressive!
You'll find the manufacturer's marketing material at the bottom of this page; including datasheets, videos and photos — however, if you’d like an independent expert view, and would know more about the SureColor SC-S Series or want us to set up a demonstration for you – please give us a call.
- Amazing colour gamut with the addition of metallic, white, orange & red inks on the larger models (98% pantone output)
- Uses less ink than previous generation of SureColor
- Well constructed ... built to last 2 year warranty as standard (a year more than most other competing manufacturers)
- Epson have announced that only 6 hours is now needed to de-gas before lamination
- The solvent ink technology needs time to degas before laminating and is prohibited for use in certain environments
- Its size can present installation challenges in moving it round tight corners and through small doorways
- Floor Graphics
- Self Adhesives
- Vehicle Graphics
- Wall Coverings
- Wall Graphics
- Window Graphics
Models in the range:
Would you like an online customer account? Tel: 0845 1300 772
- Manage and access your account 24/7.
- See our complete product range.
- Get comprehensive product specifications and compatibility information.
- Place orders online.
- Check stock availability and lead times.
- View bespoke pricing and price breaks.
- Get exclusive offers.
- Check the status of existing orders.
- Get delivery tracking on specific orders.
- View your statement of account.
- Get inks and printheads for your printers.
- Create smart and quick repeat orders for frequently bought products.
- Download product certificates.
- Access our colour profile library.
- Get copy invoices.
- Pay for outstanding invoices by card online.
- Get hints, tips and how-to guides.
- And, so much more.
What the manufacturer says:
SureColor SC-S Series:
A new way to create everything from simple signage to high-end displays and décor on a range of substrates. Every single component of these printers has been designed and manufactured entirely by Epson to ensure seamless operation and guarantee professional-quality results.
High-efficiency UltraChrome GS3 ink, Class-leading substrate control, Reduced user intervention, Large, clear LED lit inspection panel, Cloud-based RIP profile database, Two years' warranty as standard
Higher quality, faster output: Maximum resolution of up to 1440 x 1440 dpi. | 360dpi printhead nozzle configuration
Class-leading substrate control: Advanced auto-tension control (AD-ATC) | Prints with accurate dimensions from the beginning to the end of the media roll
Accuracy for any medium: Ultra-sophisticated feeding system | Anti-static pressure rollers | Electronic pressure control to optimise grip and feed accuracy
High ink efficiency: Epson UltraChrome GS3 inks produce more vivid, faster drying prints | Uses less ink than previous generations
Wider colour gamut: The SC-S80600’s colour set includes metallic/white, orange, and red inks | Epson’s UltraChrome GS3 inks create exceptional clarity
PrecisionDot mode: PrecisionDot high-quality mode combines three technologies (Half Tone Module, LUT, and Micro Weave) | Improved quality across all print mediums
Comprehensive service and support: All printers come with a two-year warranty as standard | Option to add extended coverage
A range of creative applications: Prints on substrates including clear film, vinyl, canvas, and photographic paper | Create specialist displays including POS, billboard, back- and front-lit, wallpaper, and car wrapping
Reduced user intervention: Fabric head cleaning system automatically maintains the condition of the printhead | Head assembly is kept clear of dust and debris to ensure optimum performance
Ink flow regulator: Ink flow regulator ensures consistent print quality | Ink condition is optimised
Designed to stay clean: Dual-filter air circulation system ensures clean air throughout the printer | Failure caused by ink mist is prevented