In the signs and exhibition graphics market, a vinyl cutter is a must.
The Summa roll-to-roll cutters are considered to be industry leaders in this market and here at Papergraphics we fully support that view. From a customer and a technician’s point of view, easy-build set up and configuration is critically important in order to have the machine up and running as quickly as possible so that production time can be maximised. Onyx Thrive software offers full support for Summa cutters and as a result, they are often supplied alongside HP Latex or Epson SureColor printers and Onyx Thrive.
Many people take the view that a cutter is a simple device that ‘just cuts vinyl’, yet there is so much more to it than that.
Here at Papergraphics, and as champions of the Summa Cutter we also offer training programmes that have been fine-tuned to cover print and cut techniques, and we firmly believe that the training offered by Papergraphics' experts is second-to-none.
Looking towards the future, and appreciating the technical precision of this exceptional piece of equipment, Papergraphics has invested in optimising our vinyl range to make it 100% compatible with Summa cutters. Outstanding media and precision equipment are the perfect companions to Onyx software and the wide-format printers in our range.
- S2 T Series offers a true tangential cutter rather than emulated tangential .... giving increased downforce & more accurate cuts
- Great optical camera that works on a variety of different medias and is able to pick up different coloured cut marks
- SummaCut D120 & D140 now have ethernet connectivity (the Summacut series used to be just USB which was annoying - All S2 models have ethernet connectivity)
- Automatic barcode reading to select the correct cut path file
- Very easy & intuitive setup & configuration via the provided software
- The SummaCut D series interface on the machine is not particularly user-friendly
- Take-up basket isn't the best and can lead to media skew
- The robustness of the top could do with being strengthened ... one of the common problems we get called out for is the top section bending from people leaning on it, which leads to cutting & feed issues
- Self Adhesives
- Traffic Signage
- Vehicle Graphics
- Wall Graphics
- Window Graphics
Models in the range:
S2 Series D120
S2 Series D140
S2 Series D160
S2 Series T120
S2 Series T140
S2 Series T160
S2 Series T140 OPOS
S2 Series T160 OPOS
Would you like an online customer account? Tel: 0845 1300 772
- Manage and access your account 24/7.
- See our complete product range.
- Get comprehensive product specifications and compatibility information.
- Place orders online.
- Check stock availability and lead times.
- View bespoke pricing and price breaks.
- Get exclusive offers.
- Check the status of existing orders.
- Get delivery tracking on specific orders.
- View your statement of account.
- Get inks and printheads for your printers.
- Create smart and quick repeat orders for frequently bought products.
- Download product certificates.
- Access our colour profile library.
- Get copy invoices.
- Pay for outstanding invoices by card online.
- Get hints, tips and how-to guides.
- And, so much more.
What the manufacturer says:
Every day, for nearly three decades, Summa has delivered the world’s highest-quality vinyl and contour cutters and finishing flatbeds without compromise.
We will never stop looking for the next innovative, precision product for the printing, outdoor advertising, vehicle graphics, and signmaking industries. We will never stop listening to what our customers want for their businesses. And we will never stop delivering premier customer service alongside legendary performance.